Zesty Shrimp Creole
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Spice up your life with this Zesty Shrimp Creole! It'll have the party started at the first bite.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound unpeeled, medium-size fresh shrimp (about 35 per pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans Cajun-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
What to Do
- Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; sauté onion and next 3 ingredients until tender. Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve over warm cooked rice.
Yup, there are ways to make this recipe even quicker. You can ask your grocer to peel and devein the shrimp for you. (You'll only need about 3/4 pound of the already peeled shrimp, if it's sold that way.) Try using frozen onions and green bell peppers instead of chopping fresh ones. And last but not least, prepare quick-cooking rice to make your life even easier. You'll be amazed how quickly you can get this on the table!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"