Betty's Famous Baked Crab Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 2 tablespoons
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Betty's Famous Baked Crab Dip is known all over in her little corner of the country! It's won contests, and everyone looks forward to it at holidays and church potlucks. When we found out about it, we knew we had to share it with the world! Betty's Famous Baked Crab Dip is full of yummy seasonings, and it's got a bit of zest from a secret ingredient - hot sauce! Trust us on this one, this is a 5-star winning recipe everyone will love!
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning (we used Old Bay)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound fresh crabmeat, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup fine, plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 1-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice, hot sauce, seafood seasoning, and salt; mix well. Fold crabmeat into mixture, then spoon mixture into baking dish. In a small bowl combine bread crumbs and butter; mix well. Sprinkle on crab mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen Tip
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Want more yummy appetizers? Download our free eCookbook today!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Thanks to shortcuts like frozen puff pastry, we're able to make jaw-dropping pastries like our Raspberry Cream Danish. These are filled with a homemade cream cheese filling, which makes them extra-special. A raspberry in the center and a sprinkle of powdered sugar are the finishing touches to this bakery-style treat.