Garlic Steamed Clams
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether love is in the air, or you're just hanging out with a good friend, we have the perfect dinner for two! Our Garlic Steamed Clams are seasoned to perfection! Plus, when you serve 'em up with a side of cheesy bread, we bet that no matter what the occasion, you'll have a night to remember!
What You'll Need
- 5 pounds fresh little neck clams
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons (1/2-stick) butter
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish
What to Do
- Wash clams to remove any dirt or sand.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute or until tender. Add wine; bring to a boil. Add clams, cover, and steam until clams start to open. Add butter and crushed red pepper, cover, and cook until all of the clams open. Discard any that do not open.
- Place clams into a large serving bowl (or into smaller ones so that everyone gets their very own) with sauce from pot. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
- If love is in the air tonight and you're looking for some dessert to serve up, we bet Cupid's Chocolate Cake will add a little romance. For something extra-special, check out this oh-so-yum Creme Brulee!
- For more shellfish recipes that are lip-smacking good, try our Castaway Coconut Shrimp or, for something a little different, try our Baked Ranch Scallops! Yum!
- Do you love clams? Tell us about it in the comments!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Take your taste buds on a Mediterranean vacation with our recipe for Greek Potatoes. This easy potato recipe gets its classic Greek flavors from some crumbled feta, olive oil, and other fresh herbs. A side dish this good deserves a big "Opa!"