Seared Scallops with Newburg Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This dish is fancy-looking, crazy simple, and so good you'll be tempted to lick the plate! Our Seared Scallops with Newburg Sauce comes together with a few shortcut ingredients and a lot of flavor. It's the perfect way to serve seafood for a special event, like Christmas Eve, but it's also the perfect anytime meal when you're in the mood for something different!
What You'll Need
- 1 (10.5-ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 sea scallops, patted dry
- Salt for sprinkling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- To make Newburg sauce, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine soup, cream, sherry, and seafood seasoning and cook until heated through, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper and sauté 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden and firm in center. Remove to a platter.
- Stir bread crumbs and parsley in skillet until moistened. Top scallops with Newburg sauce and sprinkle with toasted bread crumbs.
Test Kitchen Tips
- If you love the creaminess of Newburg recipes, then you have to try our Shortcut Lobster Newburg! It's Newburg on a budget, and the family will devour it. Or, if you're hosting brunch, impress the guests with our Shrimp Newburg Waffles!
- We've got plenty of holiday recipes to get the party started! Try Betty's Famous Baked Crap Dip -- after one bite, you'll see just why it became famous. For something super festive, check out Frosty the Cheeseball! He's always a hit.
- We love our Scallops with Newburg Sauce! What do you think? Tell us in the comments below!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more appetizer recipes, download our free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 333
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 21g 32 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 62 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 20g 40 %
- Cholesterol 101mg 34 %
- Sodium 1,177mg 49 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 0.3g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!