We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You'll love this slow cooker version of a hearty beef stew! Beef Burgundy (also known as "beef bourguignon") is a traditional dish that warms you up from the inside-out. Not only does it smell amazing, but it tastes even more amazing! We especially love to make this dish during the cooler months of the year!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (3-pound) rump roast or beef round, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound frozen pearl onions
- 1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Warm cooked egg noodles
What to Do
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until thoroughly browned on all sides. Transfer beef to a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, reserving drippings in skillet.
- Add garlic to drippings in skillet; sautè over medium heat 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Slowly stir in wine, broth, and tomato paste; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add thyme and next 5 ingredients to sauce; pour mixture over beef in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 8 hours or HIGH setting 4 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf.
We suggest serving this delicious Beef Burgundy over warm, cooked egg noodles (as shown).
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 481
- Calories from Fat 197
- Total Fat 22g 34 %
- Saturated Fat 10.0g 50 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 50g 100 %
- Cholesterol 156mg 52 %
- Sodium 940mg 39 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g 5 %
- Sugars 3.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!