Loaded Jambalaya Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You won't waste time chopping veggies for this dish. We use a frozen seasoning blend that contains chopped onions, celery, green and red bell peppers, and parsley. Hassle-free!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned and boned chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen seasoning blend, thawed
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) package cubed ham
- 1 (14-ounce) can seasoned chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 2 (3.5-ounce) bags boil-in-bag rice
- 1 pound medium-sized fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
What to Do
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with Creole seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add chicken, and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Spoon chicken into a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Add seasoning blend and next 3 ingredients to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW setting 5 hours.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Stir cooked rice, shrimp, scallions, and hot sauce into stew. Increase heat to HIGH setting, cover, and cook 15 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Calories 363
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 2.0g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 36g 72 %
- Cholesterol 191mg 64 %
- Sodium 1,720mg 72 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 2.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If your Thanksgiving leftovers look sort of blah, it's time for a leftover makeover! No worries, we've found a way to turn those Thanksgiving leftovers into a tasty favorite that's way more fun to eat than a plain old turkey sandwich. Our Thanksgiving Leftover Poppers take just 15 minutes, which makes them a good idea if you're in a hurry to go shopping!