Loaded Jambalaya Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You won't waste time chopping veggies for this dish. We use a frozen seasoning blend that contains chopped onions, celery, green and red bell peppers, and parsley. Hassle-free!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds skinned and boned chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen seasoning blend, thawed
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) package cubed ham
- 1 (14-ounce) can seasoned chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 2 (3.5-ounce) bags boil-in-bag rice
- 1 pound medium-sized fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
What to Do
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with Creole seasoning.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add chicken, and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Spoon chicken into a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Add seasoning blend and next 3 ingredients to slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW setting 5 hours.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Stir cooked rice, shrimp, scallions, and hot sauce into stew. Increase heat to HIGH setting, cover, and cook 15 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Calories 363
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9g 15 %
- Saturated Fat 2.0g 10 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 36g 72 %
- Cholesterol 191mg 64 %
- Sodium 1,720mg 72 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.7g 3 %
- Sugars 2.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The best home fries are still the ones made in diners, you know the places that are nicknamed "greasy spoons." There's just something special about the taste of potatoes slung around a sizzling hot grill and mixed with the flavors of eggs and bacon that can't be beat. Wait until you try these - they're a breakfast (or anytime) winner.