We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're guaranteed a tender piece of meat with every bite of this hearty dish. It cooks for 7 hours in your slow cooker-on HIGH! The gang will definitely think that you've been home cookin' all day!
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds top round steak (1-inch thick), trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can peeled tomato wedges, undrained
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1-inchs strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Warm cooked noodles or rice
What to Do
- Cut steak into 3-ince pieces. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak to skillet, and cook until browned. Transfer steak to a 4-quart slow cooker. Add tomatoes and bell pepper strips.
- Combine onion and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl; pour over mixture in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 7 hours. Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Stir into mixture in slow cooker; cook, uncovered, on HIGH setting 12 minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring often. Serve over noodles or rice.