Pork Roast with Three Mushroom Ragout
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A ragout is a French stew with meat, poultry, or fish that's made with or without vegetables. In this version, you can use 3 packages of button mushrooms if cremini are not available. The slow cooker will be very full before cooking, but the mushrooms will shrink significantly during cooking.
What You'll Need
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (12-ounce) packages sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh cremini mushrooms
- 1 (1-ounce) package dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced vertically
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, quartered
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
What to Do
Whisk together 1/2 can of tomatoes and flour in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add mushrooms, onion, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Trim fat from pork. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; place on top of mushroom mixture. Pour remaining 1/2 can of tomatoes over pork.
Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 7 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker; cut into large chunks. Serve with ragout over your choice of noodles.