Pork Roast with Three Mushroom Ragout
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A ragout is a French stew with meat, poultry, or fish that's made with or without vegetables. In this version, you can use 3 packages of button mushrooms if cremini are not available. The slow cooker will be very full before cooking, but the mushrooms will shrink significantly during cooking.
What You'll Need
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 (12-ounce) packages sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh cremini mushrooms
- 1 (1-ounce) package dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced vertically
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, quartered
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
What to Do
Whisk together 1/2 can of tomatoes and flour in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add mushrooms, onion, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Trim fat from pork. Sprinkle pork with salt and pepper; place on top of mushroom mixture. Pour remaining 1/2 can of tomatoes over pork.
Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 7 hours. Remove pork from slow cooker; cut into large chunks. Serve with ragout over your choice of noodles.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can count on lots of crispy edges when you make our recipe for Sheet Pan Mac 'n' Cheese! If your regular macaroni and cheese recipe is getting too routine, then you'll love this unique way of making a classic, cheesy, favorite. This is one the whole family will cheer for!