Saucy Italian Pot Roast
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Try this saucy pot roast over egg noodles, rice, or-for more authentic Italian flavor-polenta. It's a winner whichever way you choose!
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced fresh baby Portobello mushrooms
- 1 large onion, cut in half and sliced
- 1 (2-1/2- to 3-pound boneless chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 (1.6-ounce) package garlic-and-herb sauce mix
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
What to Do
- Place mushrooms and onion in a 6-quart slow cooker; add roast. Sprinkle roast evenly with sauce mix and crushed red pepper. Pour diced tomatoes and tomato sauce over roast.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 5 to 6 hours or until meat is very tender. Remove roast from slow cooker, and cut into large chunks; keep warm.
- Skim fat from juices in slow cooker; discard fat. Stir together cornstarch and water in a small bowl until smooth; add to juices in slow cooker, stirring until blended.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 20 to 30 more minutes or until mixture is thickened, stirring once. Add roast pieces back to slow cooker. Cover and cook until thoroughly heated.
Want even more of the best potluck recipes? Check out our free eCookbook, Must-Have Potluck Recipes: 37 Recipes for Parties, Potlucks, Dinners, and More.
- Not in the mood for a slow cooker dinner? We've got some fantastic desserts you might like instead with our collection of 17 Super Slow Cooker Desserts.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Calories 238
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 3.4g 17 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 176g 351 %
- Cholesterol 92mg 31 %
- Sodium 233mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 9.4g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.3g 9 %
- Sugars 4.2g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're so crazy about carrots we like to use 'em in everything from soups to desserts. This recipe for Crazy Carrot Pancakes is a bit unexpected, but a lot welcomed, 'cause it's crazy easy, crazy good, and there's not a person who tries 'em who isn't crazy about 'em afterwards!