Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This easy Slow Cooker Baked Ziti is a perfect meal for those busy weeknights during the summer. Why the summer, you ask? Well, this delicious slow cooker recipe gives you fantastic Italian flavors, without you having to turn on your oven! With slow cooker pasta bakes like this, you get to enjoy a delicious, hearty meal with very little work. It might sound a little...cheesy...but it just doesn't get better than that.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package ziti, uncooked
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (24-ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- Chopped fresh parsley for sprinkling
What to Do
- Coat a 5-quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray. Rinse uncooked pasta, drain, and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage, onion, and garlic 6 to 8 minutes or until browned; drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs, 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and oregano; mix well.
- In the slow cooker, layer 2 cups sauce on the bottom, top with half the sausage mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, half the ziti, and half the ricotta mixture. Repeat layers one more time. Top with remaining sauce and remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover and cook on low 4 to 5 hours, or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip!
- Whip up our Parmesan Garlic Rolls for the perfect way to top off our Slow Cooker Baked Ziti recipe! Not a fan of garlic bread? Make these Pull Apart Herbed Rolls!
- For the complete authentic Italian feel, make our Bakery-Style Cannoli or our Italian Pastry Squares for dessert!
- Make more slow cooker recipes! Try our Down-Home Shredded Pork, or our Slow Cooker Lasagna.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream recipe, that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer summer months, then you've come to the right place. Not only is this strawberry ice cream recipe fresh as can be, but with only four simple ingredients, is easy as can be too! Using ripe and juicy strawberries, you'll bring it together with some condensed milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. It doesn't get much easier--or summertime sweeter--than that!