Spirited Apple Butter
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This Spirited Apple Butter has all of the tastes of the holiday season, but you can eat it whenever you'd like and make it the "most wonderful time of year" year-round! It's perfect for slathering over toast or on biscuits.
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brandy (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
What to Do
- Combine all ingredients in a 3- or 3-1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 8 hours, or until apples are falling apart. Mash apple mixture; cool. Cover and chill 8 hours or overnight.
- Craving apple butter even sooner? Set your slow cooker to HIGH and cook for 3 hours, or until apples are falling apart.
- This apple butter can be stored in the refrigerator up to 1 week.
- If you'd prefer not to use brandy, then substitute 2 tablespoons apple cider.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've got what we think is the Best Broccoli Salad, and we're betting you'll agree! This garden-fresh broccoli salad is tossed in a creamy homemade dressing and livened up with a few surprises, so it's sure to be one of your favorite easy broccoli recipes for potluck parties! But nothing says you have to take this recipe to a party. This easy broccoli salad is perfect for summer lunches or as a fresh dinner dish. It has just the right amount of creamy flavor to make this broccoli salad a recipe you'll want to make again and again.