Sweet and Sour Cranberry Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't you think the title says it all - sweet and sour - our taste buds are loving all of the different flavors!
What You'll Need
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 12 skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
What to Do
- Combine onion and cranberries in a 4-quart slow cooker. Arrange chicken on top of cranberry mixture.
- Combine ketchup and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour; reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 6 hours or until chicken is very tender. Transfer chicken to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth; stir into mixture in slow cooker. Cook, uncovered, on HIGH setting 15 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring often. Pour over chicken.
Serve this sweet-and-sour chicken thigh combo over rice or noodles to soak up the oh-so-sassy sauce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.