Sweet and Sour Cranberry Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't you think the title says it all - sweet and sour - our taste buds are loving all of the different flavors!
What You'll Need
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 12 skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
What to Do
- Combine onion and cranberries in a 4-quart slow cooker. Arrange chicken on top of cranberry mixture.
- Combine ketchup and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour; reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 6 hours or until chicken is very tender. Transfer chicken to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth; stir into mixture in slow cooker. Cook, uncovered, on HIGH setting 15 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring often. Pour over chicken.
Serve this sweet-and-sour chicken thigh combo over rice or noodles to soak up the oh-so-sassy sauce.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Just because we have our weeknight routines, well, that doesn't mean they have to be boring. Sure, there are a lot of delicious shrimp fried rice recipes out there, but the secret that makes ours stand apart is chilling the rice before we cook it. It makes the fried rice lighter, and it won't get mushy later on. .