Sweet and Sour Cranberry Chicken
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Don't you think the title says it all - sweet and sour - our taste buds are loving all of the different flavors!
What You'll Need
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 12 skinned and boned chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
What to Do
- Combine onion and cranberries in a 4-quart slow cooker. Arrange chicken on top of cranberry mixture.
- Combine ketchup and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 1 hour; reduce heat to LOW setting, and cook 6 hours or until chicken is very tender. Transfer chicken to a serving platter, and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth; stir into mixture in slow cooker. Cook, uncovered, on HIGH setting 15 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened, stirring often. Pour over chicken.
Serve this sweet-and-sour chicken thigh combo over rice or noodles to soak up the oh-so-sassy sauce.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This Crowd-Pleasing Brisket doesn't require a ton of fuss. There's no seasoning rub or long hours in a smoker required. Plus, since it's made with our own easy throw-together sauce, you better believe the flavors are bold!This melt-in-your-mouth brisket recipe is the perfect meal for any holiday, get-together, or anytime you feel like treating yourself. It's so easy and so flavorful, the crowd will think you worked all day!