Texas Turkey Chili
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Wanna know why we love this Texas Turkey Chili so much? When you taste the mouthwatering mixture of the turkey, veggies, and spice flavors in this slow cooker chili recipe, you'll know exactly why!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/4 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (11-ounce) can whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1.25-ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook turkey, onion, green pepper, and garlic, stirring until turkey crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Spoon mixture into a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 3 hours or on LOW setting 6 hours.
Serve with desired toppings like shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and sour cream. And don't forget the tortilla chips!
Choose the cooking time that best fits your busy schedule. Generally, 1 hour on HIGH setting equals 2 hours on LOW setting.
- If you enjoyed this recipe, check out our free eCookbook, World's Best Chili Recipes: 21 Easy Chili Recipes Everyone Will Love.