Amish Church Spread
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 1 cups
- SERVING SIZE
- 2 tablespoons
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
When it comes to excellent peanut butter dessert recipes, this creamy, sweet peanut butter spread is often served at Amish gatherings - on everything from bread to cakes. One taste and you'll know why! If you're looking for a new way to jazz up rolls or bread at the table, our variation of Amish Church Spread is a great place to start!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
What to Do
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, combine sugar, water and butter and bring to a boil.
- Stir in corn syrup, reduce heat to low, and simmer 1 to 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- Add peanut butter, marshmallow crème, and vanilla and stir until blended. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until thickened.
Check This Out!
- For more peanut butter dessert recipes, try these Chocolate-Peanut Bars, or our Easy Peanut Butter Cookies.
- Looking for more sweet spreads to but on breads and biscuits? You'll love Summer's Best Peach Butter and our Vanilla Nut Butter!
- Plus, try these tasty dessert dip recipes! Our Amaretto Fruit Dip is perfect with strawberries, and out Best Cannoli Dip is the perfect taste of Italy.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Calories 2,153
- Calories from Fat 985
- Total Fat 109g 168 %
- Saturated Fat 28g 138 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 50g 99 %
- Cholesterol 31mg 10 %
- Sodium 1,140mg 48 %
- Total Carbohydrates 269g 90 %
- Dietary Fiber 12g 47 %
- Sugars 190g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!