Buttered Cheddar Popcorn
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 2 cups
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Say cheese! Our Buttered Cheddar Popcorn is going to be your new favorite snack. It's an easy cheddar cheese popcorn that'll have you licking your fingers clean. Movie night just got a whole lot tastier!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese powder (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 12 cups popped popcorn
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together cheddar cheese powder, chili powder, and salt; set aside.
- Pour melted butter over popcorn and toss until thoroughly coated. Immediately pour cheese mixture over buttered popcorn and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread onto a large, rimmed baking sheet and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until mixture has dried out. Let cool completely, then serve or store in an airtight container.
- Cheddar cheese powder can be found in the popcorn section of the grocery store. However, if you're not able to find it, you can always use the cheese packet from a box of macaroni and cheese. For this recipe, you'll need just 1 packet.
- Don't forget to check out our recipes for Award-Winning Popcorn and Butter Toffee Popcorn, too!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're so crazy about carrots we like to use 'em in everything from soups to desserts. This recipe for Crazy Carrot Pancakes is a bit unexpected, but a lot welcomed, 'cause it's crazy easy, crazy good, and there's not a person who tries 'em who isn't crazy about 'em afterwards!