Crispy Apple Rings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
For a recipe that uses apples and is a yummy change from apple pie, try these Crispy Apple Rings. They're so sweet and tasty, you'll want to eat the whole batch yourself!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into 1/4-inch rings
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons sugar, and the salt; mix well. Add the milk and egg, beating until well mixed.
- In a large deep skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Dip the apple rings in the batter then place in the skillet and cook in batches for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
- In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar; mix well and sprinkle over the apple rings. Serve immediately.
Looking for more tasty homemade snack recipes? Then check out Our 14 Best Snack Foods!