Fried Cheese Curds
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Go to any state fair in the Midwest and you're likely to see lots of folks enjoying Fried Cheese Curds. We don't blame 'em! Deep fried cheese curds are irresistibly good, with a crispy coating and a mouthwatering molten center. They're basically golden nuggets of goodness!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup beer
- 2 pounds cheese curds
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine buttermilk and beer. Add cheese curds and mix until evenly coated; set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil until hot.
- Remove curds from buttermilk mixture using a slotted spoon, making sure to drain curds well. Place 1/4 of the curds in flour mixture and toss until evenly coated. Place curds in oil making sure not to crowd, and fry 3 to 5 minutes, or until light golden. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining curds; serve immediately.
- For a tasty dipping sauce, try mixing 1/4 cup of ranch dressing with 2 teaspoons of hot sauce. Of course, you can dip your cheese curds into any of your other favorite dipping sauces, too!
- If you're having a hard time finding cheese curds in your local supermarket, you can buy them online at The Ellsworth Cooperative Creamery.
- Craving more state fair food? Click here to check out our collection of State Fair Food Favorites.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 1,217
- Calories from Fat 1,038
- Total Fat 115g 177 %
- Saturated Fat 24g 120 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 27g 54 %
- Cholesterol 106mg 35 %
- Sodium 969mg 40 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 2 %
- Sugars 1.5g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!