We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
"Crispy" and "crunchy" are not typically words you would use to describe pasta, but that all changes now! This change-of-pace fried pasta makes a novel snack or salad topper.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound spiral or twist pasta
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
What to Do
- In a soup pot, cook the pasta according to the package directions for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender but not soft; drain, rinse, and drain again, removing as much water as possible.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, oregano, cumin, ground red pepper, and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a soup pot, heat 1 inch of oil over high heat until hot but not smoking. Carefully add the drained pasta to the hot oil in batches. Cook the pasta for 12 to 15 minutes, or until crisp and golden, stirring occasionally. Drain on a paper towel-lined platter.
- After all the pasta has been fried, toss with the seasoning mixture and serve, or store in a re-sealable plastic storage bag until ready to serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Have yourself a morning Greek feast with our recipe for Spinach Feta Scramble. Fluffy scrambled eggs, fresh veggies, and feta cheese make for a super colorful and egg-ceptionally delicious way to start your day. You'll love this flavorful way to enjoy scrambled eggs!