Piled High Nachos
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Yes, nachos can become a ho-hum snacking option, but, let's face it, no snack collection is complete without a recipe for 'em. We always like nachos and, since they're kind of a tradition, who are we to mess with tradition?!
What You'll Need
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chili with beans
- 1 (1¼-ounce) package dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 (14½-ounce) package tortilla chips
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup prepared guacamole (optional)
What to Do
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a medium bowl, combine chili and taco seasoning mix; mix well.
Spread tortilla chips over two large rimmed baking sheets. Spoon chili mixture evenly over chips and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through and cheese has melted.
- Top with sour cream, tomato, scallions, and guacamole, if desired. Serve immediately.
You can lighten these up by using reduced-fat sour cream and shredded cheese blend. Those should do the trick.