Seriously-Good Peanut Butter Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 5 Min
We think these crunchy, chocolaty, and chewy bars are seriously good. Sure, you probably don't want to have these Seriously-Good Peanut Butter Bars every day (or you'll find yourself moving the belt another notch), but for days when you know that a sweet pick-me-up could do you some good, these are just the ticket.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10-ounce) package marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 cups toasted whole grain oat cereal (see Note)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
What to Do
- Coat a 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray. In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter and marshmallows, stirring until completely melted. Add peanut butter and 1 cup chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Add cereal and cranberries, mixing until evenly coated.
- Spread evenly on baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup chocolate chips, lightly pressing them into cereal mixture.
- Place in refrigerator 10 minutes, or until firm, then cut into 21 bars. Store in an airtight container.
Since they hold up really well, they can be packed inside a lunchbox or baggie and taken on the go.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This hearty, all-in-one, beefed-up dinner will definitely knock your lederhosen socks off! Our Slow Cooker Short Ribs and Cabbage is a German-inspired dish that features meaty ribs in a sweet and tangy sauce with lots of cabbage. It's a slow cooker dinner that'll have everyone saying, "Ach Das Schmeckt!" (That's "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!" in German!)