Sweet Korean Pancakes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
Sweet Korean Pancakes ("hotteok") are a popular street food in South Korea, especially in the wintertime. While they can be filled with just about anything, they traditionally feature a sweet filling that includes cinnamon and nuts. From the homemade dough to the melts-in-your-mouth filling, you're going to love everything about these!
What You'll Need
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
What to Do
- In a large bowl, whisk 2-1/2 cups flour, baking soda, salt, and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar. Stir in milk and mix until smooth. Gradually add in remaining flour until dough is stiff. On a floured surface, gently knead until dough is smooth. Shape into a ball, cover with a clean dish towel and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, cinnamon, and walnuts; mix well. Divide the dough into 12 equal pieces. Using your fingers or a rolling pin, press the dough into a 3-inch circle. Place 1 tablespoon of cinnamon-sugar mixture into the center of dough, then bring up the sides and pinch them together to seal tightly.
- Place on a flat surface and, using a rolling pin, gently roll out to about 1/4-inch thickness. Repeat with remaining dough.
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, heat oil until hot and cook hotteoks in batches 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Serve hot.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 207
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8g 10 %
- Saturated Fat 0.8g 4 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.0g 8 %
- Cholesterol 1.6mg 1 %
- Sodium 262mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 33g 11 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 10g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Chocolate Caramel Cookies are simple, decadent, and sinfully good. With each bite, you get the buttery texture from the shortbread, the ooey-gooey pull from the caramel, and the richness from the chocolate. In short, they're a real treat!