Twice Baked Pepper Fennel Crisps
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Try saying this name three times fast...! Whew! These are a lot like the bagel chips that are so popular. What makes them different? It's in the flavoring.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
What to Do
- On a lightly floured surface, flatten the dough slightly. Sprinkle the remaining ingredients over the top and knead until thoroughly combined.
- Place the dough in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise at room temperature for 35 to 40 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Cut the dough in half and roll each piece of dough into a long loaf. Place the loaves on a baking sheet that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise again for 30 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Remove the plastic wrap and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool slightly and cut into 1-inch slices.
- Place cut side down on baking sheets and bake again for 8 to 10 more minutes, or until golden and crisp.
Makes about 24 crisps.