Baked Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Potatoes, cheese, bacon - you've got all the comforts of home cooking in this crowd-pleasin' soup. It's perfect to serve when the gang's over, and guaranteed to take the chill out of a cold, wintry day!
What You'll Need
- 5 large baking potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 quart half-and-half
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
What to Do
- Prick each potato several times with a fork. Microwave 1-inch apart on paper towels at HIGH 14 minutes or until done, turning and rearranging after 5 minutes. Let cool. Peel potatoes, and coarsely mash with a fork.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; add onion, and saute until tender. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Stir in potatoes, half-and-half, and next 3 ingredients; cook over low heat until thoroughly heated.
- Top each serving with cheese and bacon.
- Want even more potato soup variations? Check out our collection of Creamy Potato Soup Recipes: 7 Cozy Recipes for Potato Soup.
- If you loved this Baked Potato Soup recipe, be sure to check out our recipe for Loaded Baked Potato Casserole!