Beanie Weenie Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Many of us remember happily eating this classic combination of baked beans and hot dogs as children. Well, now you can relive a childhood favorite or serve it to kids of your own with our recipe for Beanie Weenie Soup!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 (16-ounce) cans baked beans, undrained
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 pound hot dogs, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Melt the butter in a soup pot over high heat. Add the onion and sauté until golden, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mix well and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- If desired, top each portion with Cheddar cheese just before serving.
Depending on the type of baked beans you use, you may need to add additional water or cook this a little longer to get it to the perfect soup consistency. A great go-along for this would be to split hot dog buns in half then top with garlic butter and broil until golden.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We combined two of our favorite takeout soups into one you can make right at home. Don't rely on the delivery guy to bring you hot soup. You've got everything you need to do it yourself! If you've been looking for an egg drop soup recipe to make right at home, then you've come to the right place. This egg drop soup recipe is so easy, we know you'll be making it all the time.