Cape Cod Wharf Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ahhh! Summer on Cape Cod! There's nothing like it...and now you can re-create it anytime.
What You'll Need
- 1 medium-sized onion, diced
- 3 to 4 celery stalks, diced
- 2 medium-sized green bell peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 5 cups canned tomatoes, broken up, undrained (about 3 14-1/2-ounce cans)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds fish, cut into 1-inch pieces (cod, haddock, flounder, or any other white-fleshed fish)
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, sauté the onion, celery, and green pepper in the butter until tender. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, and chicken broth.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 10 minutes more.
If you're like me and you like a thicker style of soup, stir in 1/2 cup of instant mashed potatoes when you add the fish.