Creamy Pumpkin Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In the fall, you've just got to have a bowl of Creamy Pumpkin Soup. This simple pumpkin soup recipe will warm you up from the inside-out. It's so good, you're going to want to lick the bowl clean!
What You'll Need
- 1 can (29 ounces) pure pumpkin
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, combine all the ingredients except the half-and-half; mix well. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the half-and-half until well blended. Cover and simmer until heated through. Serve immediately.
We like to garnish each bowl with a sprinkle of cinnamon before serving. And if you want a really spectacular presentation, you can even serve the soup in individual, hollowed out, small pumpkins!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Calories 231
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 7.3g 36 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 5.1g 10 %
- Cholesterol 36mg 12 %
- Sodium 978mg 41 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.0g 20 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're taking you back to your cafeteria eatin' days with our recipe for Sloppy Joe Biscuit Bake. This easy casserole has so much old-fashioned taste, you're gonna be using the biscuits to soak up every last meaty and flavorful bite. Yum!