Easy Italian Chicken Noodle Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who doesn't enjoy a bowl of fresh homemade soup? Here's a tomato-y chicken soup that's a meal in itself.
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced in rounds
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 2 soup cans cold water
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole tomatoes, coarsely chopped, undrained
- 8 ounces egg noodles or other small pasta shape
- 2 cups cooked chicken or turkey, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Heat oil in a large saucepan; add celery, onion and carrots and saute over medium heat, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Add chicken broth, water, and tomatoes and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Increase heat slightly and stir in pasta. Cook about 6 minutes, until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, heat through, and season with parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 483
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 2.8g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 38g 76 %
- Cholesterol 109mg 36 %
- Sodium 1,296mg 54 %
- Total Carbohydrates 51g 17 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.6g 22 %
- Sugars 7.2g 0 %