Fisherman's Wharf Clam Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Thick 'n' hearty creamy white clam chowder is a meal in itself. Our rich-tasting Fisherman's Wharf Clam Chowder is classic comfort in a bowl.
What You'll Need
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 2 (6-1/2-ounce) cans chopped clams, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
What to Do
In a soup pot over medium heat, saute onion and celery 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Add clams, clam juice, chicken broth, potato, thyme, salt, and pepper; cover and bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium, and cook, covered, 12 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. In a bowl, dissolve cornstarch in cream; add to soup.
- Cook 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently.
This is great served in a sourdough bread bowl.