Hearty Chicken Gumbo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
A gumbo is really just a hearty Cajun stew. So, when we need to serve something to chase away the cold-weather blues, we know our Hearty Chicken Gumbo is sure to be stick-to-our-ribs satisfying!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 -ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen cut okra, thawed
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot, brown bacon over medium heat 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden; drain. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Allow to boil 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and gumbo has thickened, stirring occasionally.
To add a Louisiana flavor to the gumbo, add some hot pepper sauce just before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 724
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 43g 66 %
- Saturated Fat 13g 67 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 59g 119 %
- Cholesterol 232mg 77 %
- Sodium 1,922mg 80 %
- Total Carbohydrates 25g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 5.2g 21 %
- Sugars 8.6g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to Christmas cocktails for your next holiday party, we've got one that's elf-tested and Santa-approved! It combines the refreshing taste of pomegranate with just enough rum to put everyone in the holiday spirit! While Santa usually caters to the kids, this spritzer is an adult-only beverage that will have everyone "rockin' around the Christmas tree" this holiday season.