Hot 'n' Sour Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What You'll Need
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 pound firm tofu, cut into small chunks
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup chicken broth and the cornstarch; mix well and set aside.
- In a soup pot, combine the remaining chicken broth, the tofu, mushrooms, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, and pepper; mix well and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low; stir in the cornstarch mixture until thickened.
- Slowly stir in the beaten egg to form egg strands.
- Add the bean sprouts and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- Add the sesame oil; mix well and serve.
Top each bowl with thinly sliced scallions and serve with Chinese noodles.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 276
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5g 7 %
- Saturated Fat 0.9g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 20g 40 %
- Cholesterol 47mg 16 %
- Sodium 1,546mg 64 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 9.1g 36 %
- Sugars 5.9g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!