Italian Tortellini Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love cooking with tortellini 'cause it's such a simple way to make a meal that much more filling. Our Italian Tortellini Soup is one of those soup recipes you cook up anytime you're looking for a little pick-me-up during dinnertime. It's a stick-to-your-ribs soup recipe that is sure to become a regular during the cold winter months.
What You'll Need
- 3 (14-1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (9-ounce) packages refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini (see note)
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
What to Do
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; add tortellini and next 4 ingredients. Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Garnish, if desired, with shredded Parmesan cheese.
Brimming with tortellini and diced tomatoes, this satisfying soup is ready in 25 minutes?no foolin'! Try meat-filled tortellini in place of the cheese-filled tortellini when you want a heartier, stick-to-your-ribs soup.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When it comes to Christmas cocktails for your next holiday party, we've got one that's elf-tested and Santa-approved! It combines the refreshing taste of pomegranate with just enough rum to put everyone in the holiday spirit! While Santa usually caters to the kids, this spritzer is an adult-only beverage that will have everyone "rockin' around the Christmas tree" this holiday season.