Mama Marie's Wedding Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We love Mama Marie, but believe it or not, her Wedding Soup has nothing to do with an actual wedding. The little meatballs, Italian greens, and rich broth come together in the perfect marriage of flavors and textures! Mama Marie's Wedding Soup is an Italian classic that's perfect for the holidays, or anytime you want a warm-ya-up soup.
What You'll Need
- 11 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14-ounce) package cocktail-sized frozen meatballs
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups freshly chopped escarole or spinach
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for garnish (optional)
What to Do
- In a 5-quart or larger slow cooker, combine broth and meatballs. Cover and cook on HIGH 2-1/2 hours or on LOW 6 hours or until meatballs are heated through.
- Remove cover and gradually stir in egg, forming thin strands. Stir in escarole and 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately topped with additional Parmesan cheese, if desired
Test Kitchen Tips
- For more of our favorite Italian soup recipes, try our Chicken & Meatball Parmesan "Stoup" or this Hearty Italian One Pot! Either one is sure to fill-ya-up and warm-ya-up during the colder weather months.
- Remember the dippers! Try our All Wrapped Up Garlic Bread for a classic Italian taste, or we bet you'll love our Parmesan Onion Board! Both pair wonderfully with this recipe!
- How did you enjoy the married flavors of meatballs and greens? Let us know in the comments!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
For more comforting soups, download are free eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 203
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 15g 22 %
- Saturated Fat 5.5g 28 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 13g 25 %
- Cholesterol 66mg 22 %
- Sodium 1,698mg 71 %
- Total Carbohydrates 5.9g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.3g 1 %
- Sugars 2.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're new to the world of "melting potatoes," then you're in for a real treat! Melting potatoes are potatoes that are crispy on the outside and melty-delicious on the inside. We used sweet potatoes in this recipe to make a version that's perfect for Thanksgiving. Our Melting Sweet Potatoes feature a maple glaze and a pecan topping for extra goodness.