We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These meatballs won't be sitting atop any plate of spaghetti. Our Meatball Soup just requires a spoon and a hearty appetite to enjoy every last drop.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 (1.1-ounce) envelope beefy onion soup mix
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine beef, rice, egg, and pepper; shape mixture into 1-inch meatballs. Place them on a rimmed baking sheet or waxpaper.
- In a saucepan, combine water, soup mix and thyme; bring to a boil, then carefully drop meatballs into boiling soup. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 25 minutes.
We sometimes like to use ground turkey or chicken in place of the ground beef for a lighter change. You can also add cut-up fresh or frozen veggies if you like (whatever ones are left over from last night's supper will work just great.)
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.