We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There are a million different versions of this famous Italian soup - all good. Here's a classic, easy recipe that'll give you a potful of "delicious" and "warm."
What You'll Need
- 3 quarts (12 cups) beef stock
- 1 pound cooked beef, cubed
- 1 cup small pasta shells
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and chopped
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (9 ounce) frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli spears, thawed and cut into chunks
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, undrained
- Chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grated Parmesan cheese, for topping (optional)
What to Do
- In a soup pot, combine the beef stock, beef, pasta, onion, potatoes, and carrots. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add the green beans, broccoli, and kidney beans and simmer for 15 minutes more.
- Season with parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Serve topped with Parmesan cheese, if desired.