Navy Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our stick-to-your-ribs Navy Bean Soup gets its long-cooked taste from some pantry shortcuts. As a starter or a meal in itself, it's rich and flavorful, and sure to bowl them over!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound ham steak, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4 (16-ounce) cans navy beans, undrained
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; add ham, onion, and carrot and saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and heat 5 more minutes, or until thickened.
If you're looking for more hearty soup recipes, check out 17 Sensational Soup Recipes today!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Looking to shake up the menu at your game day bash? If so, then you need to make these Honey BBQ Chicken Bites. They've got a crispy seasoned coating that makes them really addictive. And when they're drizzled with our homemade honey BBQ sauce, you can bet they're going to make 'em disappear!