Navy Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our stick-to-your-ribs Navy Bean Soup gets its long-cooked taste from some pantry shortcuts. As a starter or a meal in itself, it's rich and flavorful, and sure to bowl them over!
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound ham steak, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 4 (16-ounce) cans navy beans, undrained
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil; add ham, onion, and carrot and saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover and heat 5 more minutes, or until thickened.
If you're looking for more hearty soup recipes, check out 17 Sensational Soup Recipes today!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Chocolate Caramel Cookies are simple, decadent, and sinfully good. With each bite, you get the buttery texture from the shortbread, the ooey-gooey pull from the caramel, and the richness from the chocolate. In short, they're a real treat!