New England Clam Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Can't make it to New England for a bowl of cream-style "chowda" this week? No problem! Our New England Clam Chowder tastes like it came straight from a small seaside shack. Top each bowl with some oyster crackers and you're all set!
What You'll Need
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 ounces salt pork, diced
- 2 (6.5-ounce) cans chopped clams
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle clam juice
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (optional)
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, sauté onion and salt pork 5 to 7 minutes, or until they begin to brown.
- Add clams, clam juice, chicken broth, potato, salt, and pepper; cover and bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 12 to 15 minutes, or until potato is tender.
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1/2 cup heavy cream; add to soup. Add remaining 1-1/2 cups cream and the parsley, if desired; cook 5 minutes, or until thickened, stirring frequently.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 744
- Calories from Fat 515
- Total Fat 57g 88 %
- Saturated Fat 32g 159 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 31g 63 %
- Cholesterol 221mg 74 %
- Sodium 1,284mg 53 %
- Total Carbohydrates 31g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.6g 10 %
- Sugars 2.4g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you love chewy cookies and you love chocolate, you're in for a real treat! These Double Chocolate Chewies pack a chocolate punch nobody can resist! They're a bit chewy, really chocolatey, and a little crunchy, all at the same time. That's why they're one of Howard's all-time favorites! Pour a glass of ice cold milk, and get ready for a cookie experience like no other.