New Year's Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our New Year's Soup is a cross between a soup and a stew that's packed with all sorts of goodness, and a few ingredients that could bring you lots of good fortune. So, grab your biggest ladle and get ready to enjoy steamin' bowls of this all-around good-for-you New Year's Soup.
What You'll Need
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, undrained
- 3 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chopped fresh collard greens
- Hot sauce for splashing
What to Do
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, combine all ingredients except collard greens and hot sauce; mix well. Add collard greens on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours, or until greens are tender. Splash with hot sauce before serving.
Looking for some lighter meals to start the new year with? Check out our FREE eCookbook, Lighten Up: 20 Tasty & Healthy Recipes for the New Year.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 609
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4g 5 %
- Saturated Fat 1.0g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 46g 91 %
- Cholesterol 27mg 9 %
- Sodium 1,127mg 47 %
- Total Carbohydrates 102g 34 %
- Dietary Fiber 19g 76 %
- Sugars 16g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Four-Layer Pecan Pie recipe is layered with creamy filling, crunchy pecans, and a flaky refrigerated pie crust that truly make this a delectable dessert. Top it with a scoop of your favorite ice cream and a drizzle of maple syrup for a dessert you'll want to eat over and over again.