Old-Fashioned Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Relax as our Old-Fashioned Potato Soup simmers stovetop, and look forward to the thick, rich-tasting result that is as wonderful as the original, but uses a today shortcut to make it even easier.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 4 cups large-diced potatoes (about 2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup potato flakes
What to Do
- In a large saucepan, brown the onion in the butter. Add the potatoes, carrot, water, salt, pepper and dillweed.
- Cook on low until potatoes are creamy, about 45 minutes. Stir in the milk and parsley and continue cooking until mixture is heated through. Stir in the potato flakes.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tips!
- Need a little something extra for this dish? If you'd like, add frozen peas or broccoli at the milk stage.
- If you're looking for more fantastic soups, try our 30-Minute Turkey Stew, our Quick Lobster Bisque, or our Copycat Tomato Soup.
- Love soups and stews? Check out our collection of our Top 21 Beef Stew Recipes!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 192
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10g 16 %
- Saturated Fat 6.4g 32 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 5.7g 11 %
- Cholesterol 30mg 10 %
- Sodium 535mg 22 %
- Total Carbohydrates 20g 7 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 10 %
- Sugars 9.0g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Feel-Good Smoothie Bowl features the perfect blend of fresh-from-the-freezer fruit, almond milk and honey. It's a healthier way to start your day, since each bowl is loaded with vitamins and nutrients. And if you top each bowl with a little granola and extra fruit, you'll be adding even more goodness to your morning meal!