Quick Black Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The shortcut is in the canned beans, the taste is in the bowls, and the smiles are all around the table!
What You'll Need
- 2 (15-ounce-each) cans black beans, drained
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper (optional)
- 4 teaspoons sour cream (optional)
What to Do
- Place the beans, chicken broth, water, onion, garlic, cumin, and oregano in a blender jar or a food processor bowl. Process the ingredients for 1 minute, turn off processor and wait until the blades stop, then scrape down the sides of the container; process the mixture for another minute, until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium-sized saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Place in serving bowls and garnish with chopped bell pepper and sour cream, if desired.
Black beans are said to bring good luck, so be sure to make some of this soup to start the new year off right!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've got a hungry family, but not a whole lot of time, then this Quick-as-a-Wink Pasta recipe is just what you need. In about 15 minutes you can whip up this flavorful dish that's loaded with sausage, peppers, and onions. Just wait till you take your first bite!