Quick Steak Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're saying, "This must be a misprint. Steak soup?! No way!" Well, it's right. Read on so we can show you how to have your favorite steak taste served up in a soup. It's easy to make and even easier to eat. We guess that means it's easy to be a kitchen hero!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, 1-inch thick
- 5 cups beef broth
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole pearl onions
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen baby carrots, thawed and drained
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen French-cut green beans, thawed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
What to Do
- Cut steak into 1/4- x 1-inch slices. Place in a soup pot and add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 45 to 50 minutes to allow the flavors to "marry."
Any type of leftover steak will work in this recipe. And it's even better if the steak has already been seasoned or topped with steak sauce. Just slice it thin and use it as above.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal you can use for so many occasions! It's perfect for a romantic candlelit dinner on date night, or as a Sunday supper after church! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from the restaurant!