Simple Escarole Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
To many of us, escarole is one of those mysterious vegetables (actually, it's an herb) that we're not sure how to use. Don't be intimidated! Start off with this easy soup, and you'll never be without escarole again!
What You'll Need
- 3 (14-ounce) cans ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small head escarole or ½ of a medium-sized head, coarsely chopped
What to Do
- In a large soup pot, heat the chicken broth over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the ground beef, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Roll the beef mixture into teaspoon-sized meatballs. Place the meatballs in the broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Add the escarole and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Serve immediately.
You can add 1 to 2 cups cooked rice with the escarole if you'd like a more filling soup.