Tomato Crab Bisque
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's fun to impress company at the dinner table, but who needs to do a lot of work? This one's from my "tried and true" file, 'cause it's as easy as it is elegant!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 (29-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups (1-quart) half-and-half
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 (6½-ounce) cans crabmeat, drained
What to Do
- In a soup pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and celery and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Add the crushed tomatoes, half-and-half, bouillon cubes, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until hot but not boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the crabmeat and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you're called upon to comfort someone and need the perfect bring-along dish, we recommend Utah's Best Funeral Potatoes. This hearty, creamy funeral potatoes recipe will surely be appreciated by friends and family. Of course, easy potato side dish is perfect for a happy occasion, too.