Tomato 'n' Grilled Cheese Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Do you like to dunk pieces of grilled cheese inside your tomato soup? Most of us do! This pair goes so well together, we thought we'd make them a part of the same dish, which is how we came up with this recipe for Tomato 'n' Grilled Cheese Soup!
What You'll Need
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
- 2 slices homestyle white bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, combine tomatoes, sugar, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and slowly stir in heavy cream. Simmer 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through. Do not allow to boil.
- Toast bread, evenly spread with butter, then cut into 1-inch pieces. Place 3 pieces on each serving of soup then sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We love it when a recipe is so light and creamy it literally just melts in your mouth. This delicious peanut butter fudge recipe does just that! Seriously, they say everything in moderation, but this sweet treat isn't going to make it easy.