Vegetable Cheese Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's a simple, but sure to get raves, vegetable chowder that lets you use any combination of veggies. Wanna clean out your refrigerator vegetable bin? Try this.
What You'll Need
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
What to Do
- Put the water, broth, carrots, onion, garlic, and pepper in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the broccoli; return soup to a boil.
- Meanwhile, combine the flour and milk in a small bowl, stirring well. Slowly add flour mixture to the boiling soup, stirring constantly.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until thickened and bubbling. Stir in the cheese. Serve immediately.
- Makes about 6 servings.
Use any combination of veggies - fresh, frozen, or even leftovers. If using cooked vegetables, add them after stirring the flour mixture into the soup base.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.