Wonton Egg Drop Soup: Our Easiest Egg Drop Soup Recipe
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We combined two of our favorite takeout soups into one you can make right at home. Don't rely on the delivery guy to bring you hot soup. You've got everything you need to do it yourself! If you've been looking for an egg drop soup recipe to make right at home, then you've come to the right place. This Wonton Egg Drop Soup recipe is so easy, we know you'll want to make it all the time!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (6-ounce) package wonton skins
- 2 eggs, beaten, divided
- 8 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine ground pork, 1 sliced scallion, ginger, and garlic powder; mix well.
- Place wonton skins on a work surface, then place a teaspoonful of pork mixture in each. Brush egg around edges of skin, bring 2 opposing corners up to meet, and press to seal. Moisten remaining corners and fold each one up to meet the other corner; press to seal.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot over medium-high heat, bring 7-1/2 cups chicken broth and the sesame oil to a boil. Drop wontons into broth and cook 10 minutes or until tender. Remove wontons to individual soup bowls.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and remaining chicken broth. Add to soup, stirring constantly. With a fork, slowly stir the remaining egg into the soup, forming egg strands. Stir in remaining scallions and the soy sauce. Remove from heat and serve over wontons.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tips!
- You can find wonton skins in the produce section of your local grocer.
- Check out some of our other favorite restaurant copycat recipes!
- Plus, if you enjoyed this egg drop soup recipe, don't forget to check out our collection of 28 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our festive Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it's also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can't be with you this season.