We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ever wonder how easy it is to make homemade wontons? Now you'll know, 'cause our easy Wonton Soup includes homemade pork wontons that you can put together in no time.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 3 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dozen wonton skins
- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/4 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine ground pork, one-third of the sliced scallions, the ginger, and garlic powder; mix well.
- Place wonton skins on a work surface then place 1 teaspoon pork mixture in center of each. Brush beaten egg around edges of a wonton skin then fold in half diagonally to make a triangle.
- Fold 2 opposite points up to top point and seal with a dab of beaten egg; fold down top edge toward you and secure with another dab of beaten egg. Repeat with each remaining wonton.
- Meanwhile, in a soup pot, combine chicken broth, water, soy sauce, and mushrooms; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Carefully drop wontons into soup along with remaining sliced scallions; cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until wontons are tender.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This easy yet elegant version of prime rib will rival anything you can find at the fanciest restaurant. Our Test Kitchen made sure that this one is low on work and high on good taste. Perfect for holiday entertaining or enjoying all year long.