Bobbing-for-Apples Cheese Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Apples and cheese? In a soup, no less? Yup, while it's a bit unconventional, we think it's one of our favorite secret flavor combinations yet. Our easy soup recipe for Bobbing-for-Apples Cheese Soup is both creamy and refreshing for a meal you won't find on most restaurant menus. It's sure to become a specialty in your household, so give it a try!
What You'll Need
- 4 slices rye bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 chicken-flavored bouillon cube
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 slices American cheese
- 1 (20-ounce) sliced apples
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut bread into chunks and place on a baking sheet. Bake 3 minutes or until lightly toasted; set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Mix in flour and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Slowly add milk, bouillon cube, and white pepper, stirring constantly.
- Heat to boiling, then add cheeses and whisk until melted and soup is smooth.
- Evenly divide apple slices among 4 bowls. Pour soup over apples. Arrange toasted bread evenly on top of soup to create jack-o'-lantern faces. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We've made a rise 'n' shine pastry that you can enjoy with your morning cup of coffee that has...well, a twist to it! Our Chocolate Peanut Butter Twists are pretty enough to serve for a special brunch, but easy enough that anyone can make 'em. Plus, they feature everyone's favorite combo of chocolate and peanut butter!