Hearty Chicken & Corn Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The kids are back in school and there's a slight chill in the air; how about something warm and comforting for dinner? Our Hearty Chicken & Corn Soup is going to warm up your kitchen and the hearts of everyone gathered around the kitchen table. There's nothing better than a creamy soup studded with corn, spinach, potatoes, and tender chicken. This is hearty and comforting at its best.
What You'll Need
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 (14-3/4-ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 (9-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a soup pot over medium heat, melt butter; sauté onion and carrots 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender. Add chicken broth and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip:
- This is a great way to use up your leftover rotisserie chicken; turn it into another weeknight meal that's as comforting as it is tasty!
- If you're craving more amazing soup recipes, try our Copycat Autumn Squash Soup, our Leftover Ham Bone Soup, or our classic New England Clam Chowder.
- Looking for something fantastic to serve with this delicious soup recipe? We suggest our Parmesan Onion Board!