We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Soup's on - Mexican Style! Turn on your slow cooker and cook up a flavorful Mexican Stew to serve up to family and friends. Pair it with a side of homemade cornbread, and you've got a real good feast on your hands!
What You'll Need
- 3 pounds stew beef
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 (10-1/2-ounce) cans condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 6 tablespoons chopped picked jalapenos
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
What to Do
- Cut larger pieces of stew beef into bite-sized pieces. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add half the beef, and cook 8 minutes or until browned on all sides. Repeat with remaining oil and beef.
- Place meat in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add tomato paste, beef broth, and next 6 ingredients. Stir well to blend.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting 7 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Add to slow cooker; increase heat to HIGH setting, and cook, uncovered, 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring several times. Top stew with chopped cilantro, and serve with sour cream.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll be the star of the next get together when you bring this easy chili recipe along. You see, the combination of ground beef and Italian sausage makes for a hearty recipe that no one can resist. When they ask you what it's called just say, "That's My Tailgating Chili!" with a smile.