Southern Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One-pot meals are great for chilly weather, so what could be better than the comforting taste of our favorite Southern Beef Stew? We can't think of anything, so we're headed to the stove right now!
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, trimmed
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup black coffee
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 6 carrots, cut into large chunks
- 3 onions, quartered
What to Do
- Place flour in a shallow dish; add beef chunks and coat completely with flour. In a soup pot, melt butter over medium-high heat and cook beef 8 to 10 minutes, turning to brown all sides.
- Add water, coffee, thyme, salt, and pepper; mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 1 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 50 to 60 minutes, or until beef and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Dinner doesn't get much easier than one-pot meals! For a huge variety of tasty one-dish meals, check out 36 Quick and Easy One-Pot Meals!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a recipe that's anything but taxing! Uncle Sam's Pulled Pork is a budget-friendly, weeknight winner. In this recipe, we slow cook boneless pork butt to perfection with some chopped onions and a can of cola. A little BBQ sauce and it's ready to go! Just pile it onto a roll along with some of our homemade coleslaw and you're set for lots of "yum!"